Protection degrees of system cabinets

Within the standard for evacuation centrals is a requirement defined for degrees of protection for housing on moisture and dust. These are called IP degrees and this will be explained extensively in another article.

The standard refers to a degree IP30 as a minimum requirement.

In this respect, the standard clearly fails because these degrees can easily be used indoor but they are not suitable for outdoor use. The product standard EN54-16 is also applicable to evacuation centrals in relation to fire signaling. For outdoor application I would personally like to formulate a minimum requirement of IP54.

However, this is not covered by the standard, so this recommendation is in a personal capacity
Place comment